This video comes from the pro-immigration reform group FWD.us, so it should be said that it comes with a political and activist slant. The founders are some big names, including Bill Gates, Sean Parker and Mark Zuckerburg. It’s supporters include some more stars of the tech industry, one that admittedly would benefit from the easier migration of high-skilled workers.
Though limited in information, given its intent to support immigrants, it does knock down some major myths. Here are the five:
- It’s easy to gain legal status in the U.S.
- Undocumented immigrants don’t pay taxes.
- Most new immigrants come from Latin America.
- DREAMers affect the U.S. economy negatively.
- Most immigrants are undocumented.
Watch the video to learn the facts.