When President-elect Donald Trump was accused of not paying federal income taxes, he responded by saying, “That makes me smart.” It’s a testament to the structural problem that exists globally today: vast inequality between rich and poor.
- See you later! The final Humanosphere podcast – for now
- A reader responds: Why Humanosphere’s hibernation matters
- Activists and experts ridicule OECD’s tax havens ‘blacklist’ as a farce
- Nikki Haley claims credit for already planned cuts to U.N. peacekeeping budget
- Study: Climate change will perpetuate U.S. inequality
- News on the Humanosphere: U.S. refugee and travel ban goes into effect
- World Bank launches insurance scheme to fund pandemic responses
- Cashless economy not happening in India yet but the groundwork is laid
Income inequality: How can the business sector close the gap?