NPR is reporting on the promotion of bicycles in Uganda for ambulances. Bicycles have been promoted for use by health workers in a number of poor communities in Africa, which, by the way, has some of the world’s most dangerous roads. The rise of bicycling in South Africa has led to an increase in cycling accidents and deaths.
- See you later! The final Humanosphere podcast – for now
- A reader responds: Why Humanosphere’s hibernation matters
- Activists and experts ridicule OECD’s tax havens ‘blacklist’ as a farce
- Nikki Haley claims credit for already planned cuts to U.N. peacekeeping budget
- Study: Climate change will perpetuate U.S. inequality
- News on the Humanosphere: U.S. refugee and travel ban goes into effect
- World Bank launches insurance scheme to fund pandemic responses
- Cashless economy not happening in India yet but the groundwork is laid
Bicycles: Good or bad for health?