Toyama is not against technology. He just think its promise to cure the world’s ills is being grossly exaggerated and advocates are neglecting the downside of these new tools. As he’s said many times, “technology just amplifies human intention,” which can be good or bad.
- See you later! The final Humanosphere podcast – for now
- A reader responds: Why Humanosphere’s hibernation matters
- Activists and experts ridicule OECD’s tax havens ‘blacklist’ as a farce
- Nikki Haley claims credit for already planned cuts to U.N. peacekeeping budget
- Study: Climate change will perpetuate U.S. inequality
- News on the Humanosphere: U.S. refugee and travel ban goes into effect
- World Bank launches insurance scheme to fund pandemic responses
- Cashless economy not happening in India yet but the groundwork is laid
Geek Heretic takes on Google: It’s not the technology, stupid!